Everest base camp trek provides you great opportunity to have unique experience. If you have ever longed to set eyes on our highest summit then this exciting trek in the Everest region gives you the opportunity to fulfill a dream, while taking in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the Himalaya. Ever since the days of early climbing expeditions, the 8848m mountain has had a lure of its own, drawing climbers to scale it and trekkers to gaze on its icy faces. Naturally, the trail to the base camp of the mountain has become one of the most popular trekking routes in Nepal, yet few people return from the trek unmoved by the experience of being right in among the highest peaks in the world.
From Kathmandu we fly to Lukla, and the adventure begins as we land at its tiny airstrip. We spend several days trekking through the homelands of the Sherpa people, among their villages and Buddhist monasteries, with distant views of Everest and neighbouring Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal. A day is spent at Namche Bazaar, the bustling market town in the heart of Sherpa country, and at Pheriche a cluster of houses set among the high summer grazing pastures of the region. These rest days allow time to explore further and to acclimatize, an important factor in your enjoyment of the trek. Those who have fully acclimatized may trek to the Everest Base Camp but without doubt, the highlight for most will be the awe-inspiring views which unfold from the summit of Kala Pattar – the chaotic ice sculptures of the Khumbu Glacier, Nuptse and the south-west face of Everest itself. Not forgetting, of course, the personal sense of achievement that many experience at the end of their trek, when it is all over and we fly back to Kathmandu.During the trek we follow the main Everest Base Camp Trek, the route pioneered and still used by many climbing expeditions. The trail is well maintained and apart from the walk up Kala Pattar and the final stretch to base camp, not particularly demanding. What makes it hard going is the altitude, which may affect your performance, though rest days are built into the trek to help you acclimatize. Most trekking days allow ample time to cover the distance at a leisurely pace. To enjoy the trek fully you need to be fit and a regular hill walker. Previous trekking experience is obviously an asset, but is not essential.
Highlights of the trek
Panoramic view from Syanbuche, experiencing Sherpa culture in Khumjung village, Tyangboche Monastery.
Daily from October to late December and end of February to May
Day 01- Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
Day 02- Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03- Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours.
Day 04- Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours.
Day 05- Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day.
Day 06- Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours.
Day 07- Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours.
Day 08- Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours.
Day 09- Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours.
Day 10- Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours.
Day 11- Hike up to Kalapattar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours.
Day 12- Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours.
Day 13- Trek to Lukla (3404 meters) 6 hours.
Day 14- Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning.
Day 15- Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 16- Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our Everest base camp trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Cost: 1400 USD (Min- 2 Pax)
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
2. Standard twin sharing accommodation in four/five star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included. (4 nights)
3. Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
4. All your standard Meals during the trek (15 Breakfasts, 11 lunches, 11 Dinners).
5. Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (11 night’s Trekking Guesthouse).
6. licensed English speaking Guide.
7. The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
8. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
9. Everest National Park permits.
10. Down Jacket, duffel/kit bag and sleeping bag by Nepal Visitors (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
11. Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
12. Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
13. All our government taxes.
14. Official expense.
Please Note: US$70 per person per night for Single room and US$ 45 per person per night for Double (twin sharing) room if you need extra accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
1. Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
2. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
3. International airfare and airport departure tax.
4. Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You will require 2 passport size photos.
5. Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks
6. Personal trekking Equipment.
7. Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected).
8. Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
9. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
For More details:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P). Ltd
P.O. Box :19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel :+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, Mobile: +977-9841258665